A Reason to be Grateful
A friend recently challenged my sister and I to keep a list every day of at least 10 things we are grateful for during the month of November. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought I would share my top 10 favorites from that collection of lists.
1. Early Mornings - Yes, this one came as a surprise. I've never been an early riser, but due to a crazy schedule, I decided to give it a shot. Rising before the sun actually proved to be worth it. Not only am I now able to get a jump start on the day's To-Do list, but I also have an extra half hour to spend in my morning devotions.
2. Peppermint - I'll just tell you now: peppermint is my absolute favorite flavor. As soon as Fall is over and I've had my fill of Pumpkin Spice, I jump right on into peppermint sticks.
3. Autocorrect - For obvious reasons. I hate to say it, but autocorrect is pretty sweet.
4. Forgiveness - God's mercies are new every morning, and that is a gift we should never cease to be grateful for.
5. Snowflakes - Most North Dakotans would be staring at me in disbelief right now. But there is nothing quite like chasing huge fluffy snowflakes around the pasture or watching them float down from the sky with a mug of hot cocoa to keep your hands warm.
6. Horse whinnies - There are only a select few readers who will really appreciate this one. Hearing a horse whinny to you from a cross a wide-open field is one of the best sounds in the world. Yes, I will admit, it's usually due to the hay bale I'm carrying, but I still look forward to it every morning.
7. Sisters - They can read your mind, understand your heart, and are a built-in best friend for life.
8. Brothers - Despite occasionally driving me crazy, I can't imagine life without my three little brothers, and I'm about to have another one come January!
9. My parents - They support me, encourage in me, and believe in me a thousand times more than I do in myself.
10. Books - My sister informed me that I wrote this one more than once in my list.... But this one is worth mentioning twice! Books have made up such a big part of my life for as long as I can remember, and no doubt they will continue to for many years to come.
What are a few things that you are grateful for this Thanksgiving? I'd love to hear about it!
11/18/2018 06:49:19 am
God, books, family, friends, clothing, shelter, food, church, and warmth.
I LOVED this post!! It's so important to be grateful. My mother always says, "A thankful heart is a happy heart." It's too true!:D
11/20/2018 12:42:12 pm
I love all of those things, Lexi! What a fun list. And yes, my mom says that often as well. ;) We will have to try the peppermint marshmallows. They sound so good! Maybe one of these days you can come visit and we'll try it together. :)
Leave a Reply.