My best friend - who also happens to be my sister - Alice, created a blog tag that I am so excited to participate in! Hopefully you will enjoy this sneak peek into some of my favorite things about the most wonderful time of the year!
Thank and link back to the blogger who tagged you - Thank you, Alice!
Answer the twelve questions.
Tag one to four bloggers and give them twelve questions to answer.
Use the above photo for the beginning of your post.
The Twelve Questions
1. What is your favorite Christmas Song? My favorite traditional Christmas carol is O Come O Come Emmanuel. I love the melody and the words always give me a little thrill when I hear them! And I have to mention my favorite contemporary Christmas song - The Light of Christmas by Toby Mac and Owl City. This song is just so much fun!
2. Favorite Christmas tradition? I love decorating sugar cookies and hanging Christmas lights all over the house.
3. Favorite Christmas Movie? Two of my favorites are The Nativity, and By God's Grace. The first my family has watched every Christmas for as along as I can remember, and the second is a random movie we decided to try out last year. I ended up really loving it and - naturally - wishing that I had been clever enough to write the script.
4. What is your favorite holiday sweet? Peppermint sticks!
5. Favorite holiday drink? Hot Cocoa and coffee that has anything to do with dark chocolate.
6. Candy Canes or Chocolate? Wow... that's a wicked question. Both!
7. Sugar Cookies or Brownies? Sugar Cookies. I will compromise healthy eating pretty much every time for these.
8. Do you like to buy or make Christmas gifts? I use to make homemade gifts when I was younger - mostly because I had no money to buy anything. Now it seems that I barely have time to buy things, let alone make them. I do think, however, that handmade gifts are always the best!
9. Does your family decorate for Christmas? Yes! I do a lot of decorating and this year found my Dad and I replacing a million light bulbs just so that I could have two strands of outdoor lights... I know there are people out there who will understand.
10. What do you do on Christmas Eve? We usually watch a Christmas movie, or in the past, have gone to look at Christmas lights around town while we drink hot cocoa. Doing that is the fondest memory I have of Christmases when I was little.
11. What do you do on Christmas Day? We open gifts, give gifts, read the Christmas Story, and spend time together.
12. What is your favorite Christmas Bible verse? "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19) This is my favorite verse from the Christmas story. It reminds me all throughout the year, but especially at Christmas, to treasure the gifts that God has given me and to continually ponder His love in my heart.
Passing It On
Brooklyne - Showers of Blessings
Evelyn - A Country Girl's Writing